Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Musical Rennaissance

Right now, I'm actually doing some research on my big essay writing project. The topic that I chose was West and Central African music. So far, I've covered the West African percussion part of my research. At this moment of procrastinational bliss, I am discovering so much mind blowing music, It's really cool. The way they use drums in West Africa is mind blowing. I bet you guys didn't know this, but they use drums to communicate with one another, over miles and miles apart. The talking drum, as the term goes, is actually tied in with many of these countrie's languages. You see, many of their language is actually tonal based. In other words, there words are based on the tone of voice. It's all very cool

I will stop here, and just save all of that for my essay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Green said...

That's really cool. I can't wait to read the essay!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home